In order to use Ra Workshop software at maximum capacity and to get a faster return of your investment (ROI), Pyramid Software offers implementation services and methodologies designed to address the entire windows and doors manufacturing workflow needs, ranging from strategic analysis and planning, to system optimization and users training.
Pyramid Software’s team can address all these issues and come with proper solutions in order to solve them in an implementation process that will be done on customer’s site, by analyzing, planning and optimizing the current processes.
The implementation is split in 3 steps:
- Pre-Implementation Phase. It will be done in our headquarters in Bucharest and its purpose is to gather as much information about your estimation and manufacturing processes as we can. This is the time when we start working on the initial database by adding the profile systems and the hardware systems that you ordered. Our team will send you some special documentation to be filled in. Once we have this information, we will be able to schedule the onsite implementation.
If you have CNC machines, our development team will get in touch with the CNC supplier and we will get the information required to control the machine and to start the implementation phase. Custom development is done in this stage in order to implement your machine’s file export format.
- Onsite Implementation Phase. Pyramid Software will deploy a team of 2-3 members specialized in costing, database definition, workflows, custom development, training and CNC machining. The onsite stage will be decided based on the database size and the objectives we are targeting. Factories that use many profile systems integrated with machining centers should understand that the implementation will take more.
Here are some of the main tasks that our team will accomplish during the visit in your company:
- Key players. Meeting with all decision factors to gather the information we need in order to successfully complete the project. Defining the implementation targets and the persons responsible.
- Production workflow. Based on the information gathered from your company we may propose to optimize the current production process to increase your production speed. We will train you staff how to use the application in the production environment, what reports should be printed and how it will be used on the production floor.
- Cutting calculations. We will start by working on real projects and test the cutting lists for different windows and doors starting with the most used up to the special cases. The Ra Workshop results will be compared with manual calculations.
- BOM checking. Special projects will be created in order to check the BOM and to make sure that we have an accurate hardware and accessories list. If needed, changes will be done on the spot, based on your requirements. This is a good opportunity for them to be trained to manage and update the database by themselves.
- CNC integration. A full test process will be launched in order to confirm that Ra Workshop is able to integrate with the machine. As this step is confirmed, real projects will be released into production based on the Ra Workshop CNC Add On.
- Pricing. Updating all prices and having a correct BOM will assure that we have an accurate database. Based on the purchasing price we will setup a costing formula that will meet your company needs and automatically calculate the production cost and selling price for each window/door.
- Training. We will train your staff from the estimation department to use Ra Workshop properly and to manage the quotation process. We will also train your staff to make changes to the database. You should know that you will have full access to the database. You will be able to define change existing data, to add new profile systems, to add new hardware systems, etc. Being able to change and control your own database is a key factor of this implementation.
- Post Implementation Phase. The last step of the implementation will be done in Bucharest headquarters and will result in a set of procedures that will help your team (especially new members that will join later) to use the system at its maximum potential and track the implementation results.
At the end of the implementation you need to expect the following
- The windows and doors business process will follow organized automatic workflows.
- Improved times for different operations. This means that you will serve your customer quicker and manufacture windows and doors faster by:
- Estimate faster and accurate
- Save time because the production department will receive the projects already designed in Ra Workshop and they will only do the checking.
- Speed up the manufacturing process by automatically calculate cutting lists, purchase orders and BOMs
- Decrease your profile losses. Cutting optimization will help you decrease the wastage percentage under 5%.
- Less errors. Due to automated quoting and automated calculations you will eliminate most of the errors that come up in a factory.
Different companies have different goals and this makes each implementation different. We have the experience to cope with these changes and we are adjusting our strategies each time to reach our targets. Customization and custom development are just some of the things we do.
A Ra Workshop implementation is a collaboration job between your team and ours. We cannot do it without the support of your key factor employees, so make sure that they are available when you schedule the implementation.
It is not mandatory that the entire implementation will be done in one step. Based on your current status and to the objectives you aim, it is possible to spit the implementation into 2-3 rounds.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions or suggestions.