Ra Workshop 3.3.1
Release date: November 15, 2011
- New measurement system. With the new version you are able to use imperial units.
- The new imperial unit system is available for both design and reporting;
- New profile system type: covered system. With this new system type you can compute wood + aluminum systems and uPVC + aluminum systems;
- Multiple selections. You can select different objects on the design board and you can see and edit de properties that are common to the selected objects;
- Surface elements (like door panels, glass) can have images attached. When you design a window/door with such an element the image will be drawn. This feature is very useful for door panels with special designs;
- The glass computing can have a minimum surface. If the glass resulted from the window/door design is below a certain area, then the minimum surface will be reported;
- If the glass has an irregular shape the minimum surrounding rectangle will be reported;
- This feature is optional, but is very useful on irregular shaped windows;
- New CNC machine: SAC Sueri F300;
- Ra Workshop is available in 15 languages. The new languages are: Polish and German.
- The statistics page has been changed to show data in a more relevant way. New statistic data has been added;
- The report engine has been optimized for speed and design;
- The RTF control used to write the main and secondary texts has been replaced with a new control with better functions;
- The extra costs system has been improved. You can define an extra cost to act as a markup or as a margin. You can also apply it only on selected group of materials;
- You can control the order in which the extra costs will be computed.
- You can now design folding windows / doors with unequal leaf.
- When checking for the license the software deactivated on the first connection fail. The problem has been fixed;
- When changing the materials on a project with that had joined windows/doors the join profile reverted to the default profile after material replacement. The problem has been fixed. The join profile will be the same after you update the profile system.
Ra Workshop 3.3.2
Release date: July 27, 2012
- A new window type is available: double tilt and turn window – two sash window with both sash tilt and turn;
- V cutting. Mullions can be configured to use V cutting instead of square cutting until now;
- New parameter in profile definition: sash tolerance. A different sash tolerance for each side can be defined. In the previous version a profile system had only one sash tolerance. Now each sash can overwrite the main sash tolerance by defining its own tolerance. This feature is very useful when designing windows/doors with different profiles top, bottom, and left/right;
- New parameter in profile definition: position. With this new parameter a profile can be configured to be used only on a certain part of the window/door (ex: bottom only). This means that we are now able to configure default profiles for each side of the window;
- This feature is very useful when designing windows/doors with different profiles top, bottom, left/right because starting from now you do not need to select manually the profiles. It will come up automatically, as defaults. You can also have different default vertical and horizontal mullions;
- New report: Cutting labels. This report generates labels containing cutting, optimization and production information. The labels are highly configurable in size and the information you want to display. Just print the report on a self adhesive piece of paper and fix it to the cut profiles;
- New report: Product labels. This report generates label that can be attached to the finished product: window/door. The labels are highly configurable in size and the information you want to display;
- New report: Shipment loading. Each element in the database can be defined by specifying also the weight. By this way, Ra Workshop is able to compute the total weight of each window/door. This report is very useful when loading the finished products into trucks and you want to know the total cargo weight;
- A new profile type was added: track cover. This profile is used to cover the rails on a track on a sliding window. This new feature will allow you to compute a profile that was impossible in the previous version;
- SAP/ERP integration. All the materials inside the database can have an alias – an external code. Using the export tool the BOM can be sent to other applications.
- The new version is available in 3 more languages: Italian, Persian (Farsi) and Chinese.
- The sill design was greatly improved. A new sill button is available on the design board, in miscellaneous category. When adding a sill Ra Workshop creates a special object containing 3 profiles: solbank (bottom extension), inner sill and outer sill. You can use any combination of the three profiles;
- The default property of a profile was replaced with a new one called Priority. A profile system can be configured in such a way that profiles will be used with a certain priority;
- The project loading operation was optimized. Now it takes less memory and less time;
- The performance is evident on large projects;
- The report generation mechanism was improved. In the previous version generating the first report would take more than 45 seconds. This was due to the printer settings loading with a big delay. Now, all these loading are done in a different thread speeding up the report generation process;
- The material forms have new ways to filter the data. This will make your life easier when searching for a certain element;
- The quotation editing was improved. Now the data validation is done on lost focus, so don’t necessary need to press enter;
- The Open Project dialog contains a new filter: customer phone number.
- The material selection system was changed. The new system in more easy to use and most important reflects 100% the materials used inside the project;
- Profile definition was updated. You can now specify different bar length and different reinforcement for each color;
- The behavior of typed price windows/doors was changed. The new typed price will be multiplied with the number of components in order to generate the total window/door price;
- In the Execution Plan each component is now showing on a new page. An option was added in order to keep the old behavior;
- Profile Order report was updated and know computes the total profiles weight;
- A new option as added to Offer report. You can choose if you want or not to display the opening and view mode on the quotation;
- The Glass Order report has a new option that allows you to filter regular vs. irregular shapes. With this option you can eliminate irregular shapes from this report, because you will use Glass Panel for special glass shapes.
- The reinforcement of the carving profile was not generated in the bill of material. The problem has been fixed;
- A compound reinforcement did not decompose in its components. The problem has been fixed;
- The color combination list form had a wrong behavior during resize. The problem has been fixed;
- Changing the hardware or the glass on a project was leading to the loss of the cutting optimization. The problem has been fixed;
- When making a project with Without Glass feature was generating a warning related to the glass thickness. The new behavior does not generate the warning;
- The vertical sliding window did not show the quotations for each sash. The new behavior is similar to a regular sliding window;
- When selecting the scene some weird properties were available in the property window;
- This information was removed;
- The filter for image selection did not include .jpg files. The problem was fixed;
- Restoring a database using the Brazilian – Portuguese language was generating an exception. Text: Input string was not in a correct format. Description: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. The problem has been fixed;
- On some occasions a component was displayed on two pages. All the details are now kept together;
- Importing glass with Delete unimported data did not functioned properly. The old glass remained in the database. The problem has been fixed;
- When designing a window/door with property Use Profile = No on the frame, the bill of material did not contain any data. The problem has been fixed and the BOM contains the remaining materials;
- When deleting a window library project while the Window Library window as open an exception was raised during data refresh. The problem has been fixed;
- The multiple split dialog did not allow any quote editing after the splitting. An error was raised no matter what value where you typing. The problem has been fixed.
Ra Workshop 3.3.5; 3.3.4; 3.3.3
Release date: September 2012 – September 2013
- We have added groups in Project Explorer. Now you can create a group, having a name, a description and a delivery date and you can add windows/doors to that group.
- In this way you can split your large projects into delivery groups;
- New CNC machine implemented: Soukup Wizard 4L, Fom Industrie P2K2;
- The profile system has two new properties: revision date and revision info. This should help you keep track of your changes;
- The hardware system has two new properties: revision date and revision info. This should help you keep track of your changes;
- The new version is available also in Norwegian.
- The material connection with the database was changed and now works faster and better;
- The folding windows have been improved by allowing it to be designed with adapters;
- The copy/paste operation over a component will generate a friendly name;
- The currencies have now a new property: the number of decimals used to display the values. This will allow you to run the offer reports with 3 or more decimals;
- SAP/ERP integration. The export file was changed to include the delivery groups.
- The way the application is connecting to the material database has changed. The materials used now in the component design are replicated directly at the project level;
- In this way we have eliminated the un-synchronization between the default materials on the project and the real materials used on the components;
- Shipment loading report is now available starting with Ra Workshop Express edition.
- There are a lot of bug fixes. We will not report all the bugs here and we strongly recommend updating to the latest version.