Ra Workshop 3.2.0
Release date: February 26th, 2010
- Stock cutting optimization. Optimization uses remainders from previous optimizations (stocked remainders);
- Stock management module. Add, edit, remove profile rests (remainders);
- Cutting optimization based on multiple standard bars (ex: 6 m and 6.5 m);
- Dealer management. Add, edit and remove dealer company information;
- Quotations editing. Now you can edit the window size on the design board;
- Mullion alignments. You can select multiple mullions and align it on based on the first selection;
- Mullion versus corner alignment. You can align a mullion based on the corner cutting shape;
- Curved mullions. You can design mullions with both ends on the same side;
- New custom shape design tool. Draw your own shape;
- New custom mullion design tool. Draw your own shaped mullion;
- New shapes available: arch and circle shapes made of segments;
- Fixed sliding window. You can design special sliding windows with fixed glass (similar to casement systems);
- New fittings rules based on T, Y, + mullion joins;
- Arch Details report. The new report contains detailed information about arch cutting and production;
- Ra Workshop allows Windows Authentication for SQL Server connection.
- Window and door join parameters. You have complete control over the join structure;
You can now change the fitting system on each wing;
- Starting with this version the Fittings System is separated from the Accessory System;
- Material database will automatically reload itself if a change is detected;
- Projects will connect to the database only if a change is detected;
- The profile and fitting definition has been updated with information regarding cutting optimization (ex: maximum rest, minimum rest, optimum rest, optimization type, etc.);
- Increased speed on saving/loading big projects;
- Increased speed on handling big projects;
- Increased speed on handling components with multiple windows/doors joins.
- The Cutting Optimization report has been updated with information related to stock optimization;
- Application’s options have been completed with almost all the options available in Ra Workshop.
Ra Workshop 3.2.1
Release date: May 4, 2010
- The VAT value can be changed on a project. Until now it was not available on a project.
- New warning message has been added when trying to create a sliding window with a single glass sash and you put a double glass on it (basically when the glass does not fit the sliding sash);
- New warning message when adding sash in sash;
- The Glass Panel report has two new options: Show detailed report (similar to the option in Window Panel) and Show angles (more details bellow);
- The Window Panel report has two new options: Show positions and Show Georgian bars quotations;
- You can now Copy/Paste a wing (the sash) inside an empty glass gap.
- The folding window has been improved. When changing the number of wings the structure type is being kept. Also now you can change the active side from left to right, if it is possible;
- The fitting plan can be changed for each sash. Changing the fitting plan made possible also to change the profile system. This behavior was not good and it was improved. In the current release you can only change the fittings plan;
- The way the software sets the default profile while loading a project from a file made with a different database was improved;
- The losses usage mode was improved. The old Use Optimization Losses check was replaced with a 3 option combo box: Do not use rest and remainders resulted during optimization, Use losses resulted during optimization and Use losses and rests resulted during optimization;
- The way the single glass adapter is drawn has been improved. Now we draw H2 + H3 and there is no gap between the profile and the glass anymore;
- The Georgian bars have been split in two: inner and outer Georgian bars. Inner Georgian bars will be shown in Glass Panel report, while outer Georgian bars will be shown in Window Panel report;
- The material costs in the Statistics tab were recomputed to include also the material extra costs;
- The CAD engine has been improved.
- The Glass Panel report has been updated. The new version shows information related to angles different of 90 degree and also show radius for arched sides;
- The Offer Report/Dealer Offer Report now shows the total value after discount and before you apply the VAT value;
- If a window/door has different openings with different fittings plans the Offer Report / Dealer Offer Report will show all the fittings plans concatenated.
- The rule template definition must end with an empty space to be valid. The problem has been fixed;
- The discount value on the Project – Statistics tab was not computed correctly. The new value is equal to the discount value on the Offer Report;
- Changing the some profile geometrical parameter did not affect the current opened project. The new behavior automatically reloads the material database when you make a change;
- The extra sash tolerance was not applied on insect nets placed over mullions. The problem has been fixed;
- Changing the customer information on a duplicated project affected also the original project. The problem has been fixed;
- The join set was exposing some internal properties that were unnecessary. The problem has been fixed;
- Labor elements added to the material consumption had 0 time duration. Because of that it will not appear on the Handwork report and their cost will be 0. The problem has been fixed;
- Exception: System.Data.DeletedRowInaccessibleException: Deleted row information cannot be accessed through the row sometimes when trying to delete a rule. The problem has been fixed;
- Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object when trying to use a profile system that din not have any fittings plan attached. The problem has been fixed;
- Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object when opening a project in read only made with a currency not available in the current database.
Ra Workshop 3.2.2
Release date: December 1, 2010
- New way to compute the window price. For those that want to make offers and to compute the window price in other way that from the bill of material we have implemented Typed Priced Windows. The user can overwrite the values computed by Ra Workshop with custom values the he can type in. This feature is very handy for Dealers;
- Ra Workshop is able to compute all the processing operations needed to manufacture the windows and doors. This feature is able to compute all the operations (holes for handles, for hinges, for ventilation, etc.) that machines have to do. The processing operations can be exported to CNC machines to increase speed and accuracy;
- New CNC machine: Elumatec SBZ 610 – cutting machine;
- New CNC machine: Elumatec SBZ 608 – machine center;
- New CNC machine: Sturtz SE-SL-HSM 30/26 – 4 corner welding machine;
- New type of profile system: vertical sliding;
- Window/door gap is now available. You can difine the gap were the window/door is going to be placed. You can adjust the window/door based on the gap size and the frame tolerance;
- You can add surface elements (like: glass, panels, etc.) with price per piece. Up to now you could only have price per square meter;
- New extra cost groups were added for irregular shaped glass and panels. This new feature allows you to define different extra costs for the irregular shapes;
- A new type of extra cost groups has been added. You can add taxes. With this new feature you can add multiple taxes and control the way are applied;
- We have introduced a new concept: extra item. This type of element can be displayed independently on the quote reports. This will help your customer to better understand your offers;
- Bar codes for CNC machines that have printers;
- Ra Workshop is now available in new languages: Russian, Bulgarian, Spanish, French and Croatian;
- A new cutting optimization option has been added. You can now control the length of the mandatory remainders and both sided of the profile bar. This is useful for CNC machines that require a minimum rest in order to function properly.
- We added a new way to view the windows/doors. In the old version the inner openings were viewed from inside and the outer openings were viewed from outside. Now you can choose the view mode: inner view vs. outer view;
- You have complete control over the drawing of accessories. In the old version you had only one option: Draw accessories. Now you have two: Draw handles and draw hinges.
- His is helpful for those users that have concealed hinges;
- The sliding sash was automatically calibrated. Now you can control the size of the sliding sash;
- The Modify Dimension of the extension profile was forward also to the extension object.
- Now you can modify this property for all sides with one click. This property is also available in the application Options to set the default value;
- New parameters were introduced to the fittings/labor/processing engine: Profile orientation, Profile position, Reinforcement, Color type and Alignment;
- The rule function mechanism has been improved. Now you can use functions to compute: quantity, length, surface and time;
- The louver design has been improved. You can now place louvers inside shapes with arcs (ex: circle);
- While designing windows/doors with a shutter profile system the software was placing glass inside by default. The behavior has been improved and now it adds louvers by default;
- The cutting optimization algorithm was improved. The optimization will work faster on large and very large projects;
- The selection mechanism was improved. Now you can work with large and very large projects (more than 100 components) and the selection will be fast;
- The memory management and collection has been improved. The new version will work faster and will use less memory.
- All the quote reports have been updated to show the new extra costs and the taxes.
- The statistics tab has been redesigned and the values displayed are computed in such a way to help you better understand your project;
- The sliding windows design was reviewed. Some strange behaviors have been removed and some new features have been added;
- Quote reports, Window Panel and Execution Plan were updated and a new option has been added. You can now show windows/door with inner/outer view;
- The cutting optimization dialog now saves the selected options.
- When trying to create a compound profile with itself the application generated an exception. The problem has been fixed. You cannot make a compound profile with itself;
- An exception was raised when you tried to copy/paste a frame with extension. The problem has been fixed;
- Exception: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null while opening the Option dialog if the previous tab selected was Other. The problem has been fixed;
- You cannot remove a profile while it was selected in the Project Explorer. The new behavior allows this operation;
- Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object was generated sometime. A red X was displayed in the Project Explorer instead of the regular information. The problem has been fixed.